I read the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and I’ve decided to create my own Happiness Project this year just to give me a constant nudge to think about what makes me happy and a reminder to keep doing those things.
Project begins by identifying personal commandments that you use or want to adopt for your life that encourage your own kind of happiness. Here are mine:
- Be the kind of woman I want my daughters to be
- Go Outside
- Forget the Past
- Let go, Let God
- Stay In Touch
- Fail often
- I am always more than enough
- Be silly, be playful
- First, mother yourself
- Be a haven, a sanctuary
- Be a treasure house of good memories
- Smile to yourself
- What other people think of me is none of my business
- There are no wrong choices
- All the heavy things, just let them go
- I am not a victim, I am a Creator of my beautiful life.
I like to look at these commandments at the beginning of the day or when I am feeling sad or stressed out.
Next step: Identify 12 areas from your life where you want to be more happy and fulfilled.
What are your personal commandments?